Sunday, September 23, 2012

baby shower burp cloths

The next part of my baby shower gifts were burp cloths made of a mixture of medium.  For the first ones used a 3d layered flower and tried to do layers of paint.  I cut them out of clear contact paper and painted using paint pens I have.  I edged them in black paint.  I only did one side of the burp cloths so that the side next to the baby doesn't have paint on it.




For the sailboats I made the sails out of cloth that I bonded to heat n bond.  I cut the sailboat (#26814) out of contact paper and my 4 year old and I painted them.  I cut out the wave pattern (4 piece wave #9589)
out of contact paper and painted that as well


The last one is my favorite.  The E and the elephant are cut out of fabric and the water drops are cut out of contact paper that I painted.  I cut the words "is for" is cut from vinyl and ironed on.  I hand sewed around the elephant and the E (and the sails for the sailboat).  This project didn't take very long and ended up in some very cute projects.  The mommies to be seem thrilled!  Come back tomorrow to see the matching onesie to the elephant burp cloth.




No comments:

Post a Comment