Tuesday, September 18, 2012

fall pumpkin and leaf hanging

I love fall and the kids love to decorate for holidays!  I was looking at fall ideas (mainly for leaves but that isn't the direction I ended up going!) while babysitting the hash browns I was cooking for supper.  I hate cooking hashbrowns because of the babysitting factor but I'm working on clearing out the random bits and bags of stuff in the freezers and cupboards.  Meals this week have been...interesting.

Anyways.  I fell in love with these pumpkins.  I found a piece of cardstock in my stash that was pumpkin colored on the top and greenish orange on the bottom.  I ungrouped the images and cut the shapes in the pumpkin color.  I then cut out the stripes etc out of black.  The backs were solid orange cardstock with the cut outs of the shapes (except the stripes which I just drew in with a sharpie).  The stems I cut out in black.  After I glued them together I laminated them.

For the leaves I cut them out of yellow/gold cardstock.  I took the same image (outline only) and made it a little smaller and cut it out of black and used it to make the cut outs pop.  I laminated them as well.  Then I punched holes in the leaves and pumpkins and hung them with black yarn.  I love the way they look and how they sway in the breeze when the windows are open.

This project probably took me a good 3-3.5 hours.  I started after kidlet bedtime (8-8:30 and worked until midnight.  At that point I had all the pumpkins done and laminated and the leaves cut out but not weeded yet.  But at that point my eyes were too tired to weed so I finished up the next day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment