Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall T shirts part 1

Fall is here, I wore my scrub jacket home from work at 3 am and wished for something heavier.  I've been putting up fall decorations around the house (more on them later!) but today I'm working on a few fall long sleeved t shirts. This week at walmart I picked up 3 long sleeved plain Hanes shirts.  I was looking for orange but I can't find an orange t-shirt.  I may end up dying a white t shirt orange if I don't run into one soon.  So what I ended up with was white, a reddish color called cherry something and a sage green.  I pre-washed them yesterday and actually remembered to put them in the dryer when I woke up!  So here they are; washed and dried.

I had gotten a bunch of sisser easy week heat transfer vinyl online, so I designed a 12x12 space of images for today's project and future ones (I hate trying to re-use vinyl so I decided to just cram a bunch of stuff in).

on my page I have the following images:
3 pumpkins #13486
sailboat (for a later project!) #26814
fall tree #22351
fall leaf set (just the maple one) #22169
a flower (its one of the ones that is the 50 original images that are free-also for a later project) #16698
and the word fall that I just typed in and played with (cluffhmk is the font.   And don't forget to mirror the image (especially if you have words!)


So after a basic weeding and then a detailed weeding (while watching what not to wear) I ironed on the tree,  All was going well until I decided to directly iron on one area to get it to stick on better (see pic) and melted a leaf.

 

Since I was going to add a flourish design to the fall leaf one anyways I took my yellow iron on transfer and cut out a flourish and a yellow leaf (to get the leaf I used the cutting tool to cut off the leaf and then copied it into the page with the flourish).  But for some reason the iron on started to slip in the cutter so I had to start over.  Which is why the flourish has a couple lines on it (see under the leaf!).  And I weeded the flourish the wrong way and had to cut around the shape.  But since it is my only sheet of yellow, it is what it is.  I do like the tree shape with the yellow leaf (although not so much the yellow stem!).






I'm so-so about the fall leaf shirt.  But this blog is about the good the bad and the ugly so here it is!  And I will say that the fall shirts are cuter than anything I've seen at the store.  And I've learned some more.  Every day I learn something new...

Tomorrow I'll try to hit walmart for a bottle of orange dye to work on the pumpkin shirts.  My daughter (4) wants one too so I'll be making some kid shirts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment